- Home Town: Kelowna, B.C., Canada
- Hobbies: Camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, traveling, kayaking, mountain biking
- Professional Memberships: Nature Conservancy, Hawaii Audubon
- Ask me About: Travel by bike in South East Asia, sailing from Austraila to Thailand
- Favorite thing about being a Guide: Sharing Hawaii’s native environment and meeting new and interesting people. Exploring, learning and seeing different things in the same place every day in the everchanging landscapes of the Big Island.
- Started Guiding: November 2000
- Favorite Place on the Big Island: More than one…Lone Palm Keawaiki, Hakalau, any high elevation Native Rain Forest, Waipunalei
- Biggest Accomplishment as an Interpretive Guide: Finding the Aki,the rarest forest bird on the Big Island, day after day after day also finding my first Happy face spider.
Garry is from Canada and one of those outdoor recreation dudes; kayaking, mountain biking, fishing, camping, and bicycle touring. He has a Geography B.A. from the University of Hawaii and also happens to be an accomplished chef. Garry’s a great all-around guide as well as one of our three birding tour guides, specializing in getting guests up close to Hawaii’s rare and fascinating native birds species.