- Home Town: The beaches of Southern California
- Hobbies: Cycling, swimming, surfing, diving, paddling
- Ask me About:Photography
- Favorite thing about being a Guide: Meeting people from around the world and sharing with them the natural and cultural wonders of this very special place called Hawai’i.
- Started Guiding: March 2005
- Favorite Place on the Big Island:The Volcano area astounds me with it’s vulcanoloy, geology, biodiversity, and also it’s cultural and spiritual aspects. I’m equally amazed at the beauty and ruggedness of the valleys on the Northeast side of the Big Island where time and the elements have shaped the landscape. I also favor my surf breaks in South Kohala.
- Biggest Accomplishment as an Interpretive Guide:Everyday presents new wonders to hehold. However, one of the most awesome was being present during a Bench Collaspe where my group witnessed 12 acres of new land slip into the ocean and the 3,000 foot steam plume which resulted.
Born and raised next to the beaches of Southern California, Bob moved to the Big Island in 1977 seeking bigger surf and better quality of life. He found both and has been here ever since. Bob’s career background is photography which has created a deep appreciation of the history, culture, and natural beauty of the Big Island which he loves sharing with guests. He lives in the small community of Puako.