Embark on an adventure to find red hot lava, while your guide shares the science of volcanoes and the legends of the Hawaiian goddess of fire – Pele. Our special access to a private parking area gets you 2 miles closer to the flow front than the public parking area saving 4 miles round trip off the hike to the Ocean entry.
- Take advantage of our private paring area, and begin your hike 2 miles closer to the flow front than the rest of the public.
- Learn about the history and legends of Kilauea Volcano from a scientific and cultural perspective.
- A moderate to strenuous 4-5 Mile hike over rocky and uneven terrain to see where the flow meets the ocean.
- While lava viewing is not guaranteed, your highly trained interpretive guide will lead you to the best places to view active lava while remaining within the areas deemed safe and legal by Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Ranger staff.
- We outfit the group with everything you need to be comfortable along the way.
- Enjoy a local-style Dinner at a Hilo landmark- Ken’s House of Pancakes.
Restrictions: Due to constantly changing conditions we cannot guarantee viewing conditions. Guests must be able to hike long distances on uneven or rocky terrain in hot conditions. No Children under the age of 12. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable hiking boots, long pants, a comfortable shirt with sleeves, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are highly recommended.