Our journey from sea level to the nearly 14,000 foot summit of Maunakea reveals the wonders and world-class clarity of the Hawaiian night sky.
- Enjoy a private picnic dinner at Historic Humuula Sheep Station, located at 7,000 feet elevation
- Your guide will share historic accounts of early travelers through the mountainlands
- Delight in the awe-inspiring sunset at the top of Maunakea, the highest point in the Pacific
- Stand amidst the world’s largest collection of research telescopes
- Sip hot chocolate during your private starshow at 9,000 feet elevation with an 11” Celestron telescope
Restrictions: The access road to the summit can close without warning, therefore we cannot guarantee access to the summit. Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain. The temperature can dip below freezing when at high elevation on the mountain. Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No children under 16. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.
If your desired date is sold out: This tour often sells out a week or more in advance. If you are unable to go on your desired date, you can also visit the summit on our Maunakea Sunrise Experience.