Embark on a remarkable road trip to the heavenly realm of Maunakea, the world’s tallest mountain. Our journey from sea level to the summit reveals connections of Hawaii’s ancient practice of navigation and the modern technological pursuit of understanding our universe.
- Pre-opening tour and private planetarium star show at Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo
- Walk through a koa forest in a state preserve
- See the endangered Maunakea silversword
- Enjoy stunning views of Hawaii Island and Maui
- Visit a world-class astronomy complex and learn about ongoing research into the wonders of our universe.
Restrictions: Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No children under 16. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.