Due to recent changes in activity on Kilauea, Twilight Volcano Adventure is booking for future dates. For equally impressive island experiences now, consider a Maunakea Sunrise or Sunset tour.
Journey through Hawaii Island’s incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it all possible – an erupting volcano. This in-depth experience takes you off-the-beaten path to sites unknown to many visitors.
- Visit must-see spots within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home of Pelehonuamea, the Hawaiian deity of volcanoes
- Your interpretive guide will share with you the geology, and natural and cultural history that make Hawaii Volcanoes National Park one of the most fascinating places on earth for residents, scientists, and visitors alike
- Venture down Chain of Craters Road to the coast through rainforests, lava flows, and cinder fields
- Get up close and personal with volcanic formations such as lava tubes, steam vents & craters
- After dark, experience the red glow of Pele’s eruption deep inside Halemaumau Crater
Restrictions: Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, and a light jacket.